Seneca County Commissioners Launch Multiple Bids For Roofing Project, Hire New Human Resources Director
Tiffin, Ohio – Seneca County Council of Commissioners received six bids for a roofing project during Thursday morning’s session.
The project involves replacing the shingled roof of buildings that house the Seneca County Employment and Family Services Department, Seneca County Engineer’s Office and Seneca Park District. The buildings are located just south of Tiffin near SR 100 and US 224.
The offers received were as follows:
- Intermediate entrepreneurs, from Marion, for $ 389,800
- JB Roofing, from Tiffin, for $ 393,738
- CRM Roofing, by Clyde, for $ 349,719
- E. Lee Construction, of Delphos, for $ 339,960
- Damschroder Roofing, from Fremont, for $ 303,042
- ACI Advanced Concept Inc., of Canal Winchester, for $ 441,697.
Seneca County Building and Grounds Maintenance Supervisor John Logsdon is to review bids before receiving the project contract.
In another action, the commissioners agreed to hire Jaime Wolfe as director of the new human resources department.
Wolfe has worked in human resources since 2013, including his last stint as a human resources specialist for the Sandusky County Commissioners Council. The human resources office will be located in the county services building in the former office of the public guardian’s office. Wolfe is expected to start his new role on June 7.
The Commissioners had reserved funds in previous years for the eventual creation of the office. The new office is expected to help improve and organize human resource functions while reducing county responsibility.
During County Administrator Stacy Wilson’s report, commissioners received a positive update on county sales tax receipts.
The county received $ 822,871.44 in May. The collection for the month reflects sales tax data for certain months of February and most of March. Wilson said that number represented an increase of about 23% from the same period in 2019. She did not compare the figure to 2020 due to economic complications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through the first five sales tax reports of 2021, the county raised approximately $ 4,250,000. This figure is about $ 830,000, or 24 percent, higher than the amount collected in the first five months of 2019. In other cases, the commissioners have informed the public that they have signed and sent a letter to Tiffin Columbian Boys tennis coach Chip Weingart to congratulate his team after finishing an unbeaten season at the Sandusky Bay conference. The council also wished the district artists good luck this week, including the New Riegel Softball team who will play for the district title on Friday in Oak Harbor. The council also held two joint ditch maintenance hearings, one with Sandusky County and the other with Sandusky and Wood County. For more information, see the following resolutions that have been approved.
In new business, the board approved:
- An additional appropriation of $ 6,000 to the General Fund for travel by members of the Council.
- An additional $ 500 credit to the General Fund for the travel expenses of constituency judges.
- An additional appropriation of $ 3,500 to the Juvenile Programs and Services Fund.
- A contract with InTime Services Inc. on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
- Set the time, date and location for receiving sealed bids for capital improvements at the CROSSWAEH facility
- Brandon Gebauer hired as a full-time EMT-Basic for Seneca County SME, effective May 24, 2021.
- Agreement entered into with Macdonald, Friedberg, Carr and Dixon (MFCD) on behalf of the Seneca County Clerk.
- Set June 10 at 10:30 a.m. to open bids for capital improvements at the CROSSWAEH facility.
- Set June 17 at 10:30 a.m. to open submissions for a wheelchair accessible van for seven passengers and two people on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
- Set June 17 at 10:15 a.m. to open bids for the CR 47 Pavement Resurfacing Project on behalf of the Engineer’s Office.