V12, a Porch Group company, releases 2022 New Movers Trends Report
- V12 identifies new opportunities for brands to engage movers throughout the moving journey
- 90% of new movers are willing to try new brands for moving goods and services
TAMPA, Florida., October 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — V12, a provider of audience and marketing solutions and a subsidiary of Porch Group (NASDAQ: PRCH), today released a report detailing 2022 new moving trends. The study explores the state of today’s movers and reveals valuable opportunities for brands to reach a lucrative audience of actively spending consumers.
The 2022 New Movers Trend Report was conducted online by The Harris Poll on behalf of V12. This study was conducted between June 21 and July 1, 2022and surveyed 1,009 adults aged 18 and over in United States who have moved in the past 12 months or plan to move within the next three months.
“Movers are a very lucrative audience in many categories,” said michelle taves, Group GM of Porch Marketing and General Manager of V12. “Traditionally, mover marketing has focused on post-move data and post-move mover engagement. It’s time to modernize mover marketing by targeting consumers with omnichannel and digital programs much earlier. in the moving cycle, when consumers make most of their moving-related purchasing decisions. V12’s MoverTech suite of audience and media solutions for mover marketing is designed to do just that.”
The report presents a detailed overview of today’s mover, revealing the profile of the modern mover and their spending as well as home improvement trends. Key findings include:
- Half or more of new movers have researched/plan to research moving services (51%) and home insurance (50%) before their most recent move/before their next move.
- When it comes to items and services new movers have paid for/plan to pay for during the moving process, nearly three-quarters (72%) say they did so before the move. While 44% say they have/plan to do so after the move.
- 90% of new movers said they would likely try a new brand or company for any item or service – especially internet (35%), furniture/home decor (34%), service(s) (s) cable/streaming (30%), and appliances (29%).
- About two-thirds of new movers (65%) say they would likely make a purchase through an ad they saw while using a search engine. About three in five new movers would also be likely to be influenced to make a purchase based on an advertisement they saw using social media (62%) or using a search engine (61%). Additionally, more than half (58%) would be likely to make a purchase through an advertisement they saw while using social media.
- Additionally, more than half of new movers (56%) say they have already made a purchase through a social media ad.
- Home improvement projects top the list of priorities for new movers, with more than two-thirds of new movers (68%) saying they are doing/planning to do/have already done home improvement projects habitat in their home – with painting (42%) at the top of the list. A third (33%) also say they are doing/planning to do/have already done landscaping, redecorating, remodeling the bathroom and/or updating the flooring.
Taves suggested, “Our research found that 90% of new movers are likely to try new brands or companies for their products and services. This highlights the huge opportunity before brands direct their acquisition efforts to actively engage an open audience to try new brands. Just as importantly, this is when companies need to focus on retention efforts to keep consumers at risk of defecting.”
The report also shows how brands can adjust their marketing efforts based on results to better engage movers before, during and after their move, including:
- Why marketers should engage movers early in the moving cycle when consumers are researching and making purchasing decisions for numerous products and services for their new home,
- The importance of having a strong digital presence to engage movers early in the search process,
- And how to successfully use different types of marketing data, such as life event information and purchase intent, to reach movers with personalized messages.
For more information and to download the report’s findings, click HERE.
About V12, a Porch Company
V12 is an audience and marketing solutions provider that delivers mover and homeowner insights with more context and accuracy than any provider on the market. Our solutions provide early access to over 80% of US buyers. V12 provides insights into movers, consumers, purchase intent, automotive, and properties to deliver highly personalized, omnichannel, and individualized marketing campaigns and results across multiple industries. To learn more, visit v12data.com.
About Porch Group
SeattlePorch Group, the vertical software platform for the home, provides software and services to more than 28,500 home service businesses, such as home inspectors, moving companies, real estate agencies, service companies public and guarantee companies. Through these relationships and its multiple brands, Porch Group provides a moving concierge service to homebuyers, helping them save time and make better decisions on essential services, including insurance, moving, security, TV/Internet, home repair and improvement, and more. To learn more about Porch Group, visit porchgroup.com Where porch.com.
About the Harris Poll The Harris Poll is a global consulting and market research firm that strives to uncover the authentic values of modern society to inspire leaders to create a better future. He works with clients in three main areas: building 21st century corporate reputation, developing brand strategy and performance tracking, and earning organic media through PR research. One of the oldest surveys in the United States, The Harris Poll has tracked public opinion, motivations and social sentiment since 1963, and is now part of Stagwell, the challenger holding company created to transform marketing.
The research was conducted online in the US by The Harris Poll on behalf of V12 Data among 1,009 adults who have moved in the past 12 months or will be moving in the next 3 months. The survey was conducted from June 21 to June 30, 2022.
Data is weighted where necessary by age, gender, race/ethnicity, region, education, marital status, household size, and household income to align on their actual proportions in the population.
Respondents to this survey were selected from those who agreed to participate in our surveys. The sampling precision of Harris online polls is measured using a Bayesian credibility interval. For this study, the sample data is accurate to within ±3.8 percentage points using a 95% confidence level. This credible interval will be wider among subsets of the surveyed population of interest.
All surveys and polls, whether or not they use probability sampling, are subject to multiple other sources of error that are most often impossible to quantify or estimate, including, but not limited to, coverage error, error associated with non-response, error associated with wording of questions and response options, as well as post-survey weighting and adjustments.
SOURCE V12, a Porch Group Company